The AR-168D Digital IMAGER combines leading edge features with flexible functionality all in a compact desktop design. With a 30-sheet reversing document feeder, auto-duplex copying and printing, and electronic sorting, the AR-168D is well equipped to deliver the productivity required in today's fast-paced office environments. And with options that include Super G3 fax, PCL6 network printing, and network scanning, the AR-168D can easily grow with your business.
Feature-rich Copy Functions
High-efficiency Out-of-the-Box PC Printing
- High-quality 600 dpi output at a fast 16 pages-per-minute
- Hefty 250-sheet paper supply, upgradeable to 500 sheets for added productivity
- Versatile 50-sheet bypass tray enables easy copying and printing onto different size paper (3 1/2" x 5 1/2" up to 8 1/2" x 14"), envelopes, labels and transparencies.
- 30-sheet automatic document feeder allows for quick copying of multi-page originals (reversing ADF on AR-168D)
- Up to 100-page electronic sorting and offset output stacking handles multiple sets with ease
- Wide range of enlargement and reduction settings (25% to 400% zoom magnification)
- Eight preset modes for easy image to paper sizing
- Standard JBIG speed-enhanced printing system
Built-in Color Scanning for Enhanced Document Flow
- Host-based print controller utilizes JBIG compression, reducing the file size of jobs for faster printing
- Standard USB 2.0 interface and IEEE 1284 bi-directional parallel interface provide flexible connection alternatives
- 32 MB standard memory for fast, efficient output of big jobs
- Speed up workflow of professional looking documents with 2-up/4-up printing, fit-to-page, electronic sorting, and auto duplexing.
Flexible Networking Capability (option)
- Increase productivity by converting black & white and color documents into digital files that can be shared, archived, or e-mailed
- Easily edit, save or distribute documents electronically with Sharpdesk integrated desktop document management software
- Eliminate the need for extra peripherals that take up valuable office space
Fax Option for Expanded Functionality
- User-friendly utilities and driver software makes for easy integration into an existing network environment
- Simple plug-and-play, full-featured AR-NB2N Network Expansion Kit option offers PCL6 network printing, walk-up network scanning, web-based device management and more.
- Option enables all network users to Scan to Email, Scan to Desktop, Scan to FTP, Scan to URL and Scan to Print, enhancing workflow and increasing productivity
- PCL6 print emulation processes even large jobs quickly
- Backward compatible with PCL5e for predictable printing of even older documents
- Printer Administration Utility allows for easy management of any SNMP-compliant printer on the network, right from your desktop
- View the status of print jobs and printer conditions through an easy-to-use Print Status Monitor graphical interface
- Password-protected Web-based management provides user and administrator with many timesaving tools, such as device configuration, scan destination management, feature control, Remote E-mail Diagnostics, IP/MAC Address Filtering and more
- My Sharp, a new dedicated customer-care website, allows users to locate resources and find information specific to your Sharp Digital IMAGER (available Spring 2004, ask your local authorized Sharp dealer)
- AR-FX9 Super G3 Fax Kit expands functionality to include fax capabilities
- Super G3 modem speed (up to 33.6 kbps) of 3 seconds per page
- 256 grayscale with standard, fine and superfine resolution for crisp, clear output
- 2 MB memory, holds up to 120 pages
- Fast and easy transmissions with 18 rapid dials, 100 speed dials and group dials/broadcasting to reach up to 18 groups and 100 destinations
|Copying Speed||16 PPM1|
|Original Size||Max. 8.5" x 14"|
|Paper Feed||1 - 250 sheet paper tray|
|Print Speed||16 PPM|
|Page Description Language||Sharp Print Language with Compression (SPLC)2|
|Full color PC Scanning||TWAIN compliant PC Scanning3|
Sharp started in 1912 manufacturing snap belt buckle. Today it is the worldwide leader of manufacturing appliances, industrial equipment and office solutions that are changing the lives of people.
Sharp produces a variety of projectors, monitors, photocopiers, laser printers, point of sale technologies and electronic cash registers, LCD televisions, mobile phones, fax machines, home cinema and audio systems, microwave ovens, air purification systems and calculators. Its popular products are the LCD TVs, HTSB200 2.1 Sound Bar Audio System and home theater audio system with its 2.1-channel surround sound environment.
Sharp is dedicated to improve the lives of people through the use of advanced technology, innovation, design, value and quality. Sharp remains focused on creating strong and successful brands that will be recognized worldwide as market leaders. It is proud of its accomplishments and eagerly awaits the future.